So Saturday we were working hard on cleaning out our home (thanks again to everyone who pitched in & helped). After everyone was gone, the kids decided it would be fun to play in the dumpster...yes, the dumpster...again.
As you can see, Monty (Aimee's hubby) thought it looked kind of fun too...he might have even got the kids excited about playing in there in the first place...hmmm....anyway, Monty was kind enough to agree to watch my kids while I ran off to Ikea for some things for my new abode (as if I need more stuff...I needed shelves. I'm trying to organize my small space, geez!). After awhile of playing in the "happiest place on earth"...well, the next best thing to Disneyland...he suggested that they all go & get the Xbox 360 from our other home so they could all play "Rock Band". Well, much to our disbelief, the kids did not cheer for joy at the mere mention of video game playing time. Instead, MY children both responded, "nahhh...we'd rather stay here & play in the dumpster".
I know I should be happy that my children are opting for an activity in the great outdoors instead of in front of a tv, but there has to be a better arena then a big metal box filled with cardboard boxes & bags of rubbish (do people under the age of 60 even use that word any more...yikes! I'm getting old...).




0 comments:
Post a Comment