So in case you all are wondering,
"Where the HECK are the Wisemans!!??!!"
...um...we're up to our eyeballs in boxes & packing tape.
No, seriously, I am not going to lie, this whole process has been EXTREMELY overwhelming. I cannot believe how much JUNK I have acquired over the past 6 years. Um...I literally think I could open up a small seasonal home decor & party store (okay a medium size one). AND in case you are thinking that those don't even exist, then perhaps I have found my niche! Where else could some one pick up something for Halloween while shopping for the Luau party they are holding next weekend? That's right! The Wiseman's Party Down store!..Uh! Get down tonight!...sorry, I got carried away there for a moment (you know my pal Aimee was right there singing the lyrics & shaking her bootie with me...he he he). Um, let's see where was I ...oh yes...DEJUNKING!!! I have a big dumpster in front of my home that my pal Aimee has been encouraging all of our friends & family to come over & help me fill...WITH MY STUFF!!! No, I know she's looking out for me...'cept dang! You never know when I am going to need that cool rabbit fur coat I have been saving since college...come on, folks! You know you all dressed up for Disco night at the roller rink:) Ah the memories...again, I digress...is 34 about right age when signs of Alzheimer's start exhibiting themselves? hmmm... Anywho, my boys have been McLovin' the Dumpster. They spent an afternoon trying to find stuff to throw in there (ahem...check any of the rooms in our home, as well, as the garage...plenty of stuff in there, boys). They were piling stuff on their little 4wheeler & haulin stuff over there. They especially loved climbing the ladder to look at their progress. Yes, you know this germ-freak of a mom was way super psych'd watching her babies climb all over this lovely, green, portable, breeding ground for disease...what!?! I'm not talkin' about me! Nah...I loved watchin my kids climb up in there...yeah...good times...The little video I included is not very exciting, but it was funny watching how excited they were (please note the tone in my voice at the end...I'm TOTALLY comfortable with them playing on the dumpster...ha ha ha)...okay, okay, so I'm old & I find pleasure in the simple things that make my kids happy. Well, at least I TRY to understand their joy. Geez! Indulge me a little! Just kidding, watch it or don't watch it, no big whoop! :) Anyway, this whole move is bitter sweet. I thought that we'd be in this home forever, but apparently that doesn't last as long these days. It's all good in the hood & I know this is for the best. Before I close this post, I need to give a special thanks to everyone that has been coming over & helping us. The last 6 1/2 years has been filled with a lot of memories. Many of you have reached out & helped me & my boys so many times. We have definitely felt the out pour of love & kindness. I love all of my friends, neighbors, & ward members. You guys are awesome! Um...I wish I could post a bunch of cool pics right now, but I'm actually really tired & my back is killing me from lifting boxes...yeah right, you know me...I made the boys carry all the heavy ones:) Ha ha...I wish! Obviously, I'm kidding.No, seriously, I'll post some new pics very soon.




4 comments:
Where the heck are you guys moving???
Yeah, where are you going? I better hear back from you? WHERE ARE YOU MOVING???????
Kari....Let me know when you need some serious muscles...Mikey could be a professional mover after all of our moves.
ps...keep that rabbit fur coat, it has great memories for me.. and you never know when these kids are old and grown, we might have to have another disco night out on the roller floor, or the palace floor, or the Wilk Center floor, or the bay's floor, or even the dorm balcony :) Hang in there. H
I totally feel your pain-but throwing all the crap away is beautiful and cleansing to the soul. Since I have moved like 8 times in the last 6 years I have found myself many times muttering to myself, "what the hell is this? it's freakin trash! All of it!!"
Post a Comment