Music has always been a BIG part of our lives. I absolutely love all kinds & it's only logical that this passion for anything melodic would be passed on to my children. Both the boys love to rock out & groove to the beat...trust me, it is hilarious to watch.
Although I have never made my dream of being a musical genius a reality (okay, I would settle for merely competent), I would very much like for the boys to be able to have a musical outlet. Aidan has embarked on this journey. He has been taking lessons for about a year & does well when he tries. Unfortunately, I am not very tyrannical about making him practice (I'm sure he appreciates that now, but will rue me when he's trying to impress the ladies later on in life because his MOM didn't MAKE him practice every day...oh well...), so I imagine if I were he would be further along in his study of the piano. HOWEVER, despite my lackings, Aidan still makes me very proud when he plays.
He just recently had a recital & did an excellent job. I know that every parent thinks their child did the best, but he really did! :)
If you don't believe me, just ask his Grandpa Rick, Grandma Sherrie, or Aunt Amy. He was AWESOME!
Aidan was fortunate to have a big crowd present. Lucky for us, his big day coincided with his Uncle & Aunts' (that's right, multiple) graduation from BYU & the blessing of his newest cousin, Alivia. Thanks for coming everyone.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure he felt like he did well too because my shy kid came home today & told me he wants to play at his school's talent show. Go for it, Aidan!
My intentions were to film his entire performance, but alas my memory card was full. Argh! Oh well, I'll give you the snippet I have. It's only 12 secs, but oh what joy to your ears! :)
FYI, You can pause the music that plays when you first open my blog by scrolling down to the bottom & pushing the "pause" button.
Enjoy!





1 comments:
Way to go Aidan! Kari-How did your boys get so handsome? And I love your blogs about their funny comments and the picture with Dyl and the Princess gloves is hilarious!! We should really get together to play Bunko. If you want you can live with me. I have two bedrooms and a full bath upstairs that we dont use.(fyi)
Keep on bloggong their too funny! I love when you say arg! too. Do you watch 30 Rock on NBC, Thur? You would laugh your butt off. Tina Fay is almost as funny as you. Want to go see baby mama with me while Uncle Lucas, whom Dyl loathes, babysits?!?
Post a Comment