Wednesday, July 2, 2008

May 30-- The Official Last Day of School...

I always think the last day of school is a little ridiculous here since the kids go for all of an hour or so; however, they love it!...well, 'cept for Dylan. Please note his hair. He refused to let me do it because he was hell bent on not going..."MOM!!!! I graduated yesterday! I DON"T HAVE TO GO ANYMORE!!!!"....yeah...

I had the opportunity once again to be a sponsor for both the boys' classes. Because of all of the wonderful educators in my family, I feel very strongly about giving money to help pay for all those extras most teachers spend their hard earned money on. I so deeply appreciate them & all the wonderful things they have done for my children. Like my mom, eventually, I imagine I will end up in the classroom...hmmm...we'll see...In case some of you didn't know, I was in high school when my mom traded in her stressful career in the financial world for the life of leisure in the classroom...ha ha...that was a joke. Anyway, until then, I enjoy helping when I can.




I also LOVE getting to know the kids.
I have been helping in Aidan's class for the last 3 years, so it has been fun to watch the kids grow.
This year,
Aidan developed...ahem...
quite a following.
I was able to get a pic of some of the girls that loved to come talk to me all about my son...
it's cute now while I know he is still running away from them on the playground.


I'm sure I will be singing a different tune in a few years.


I have to laugh,
when I told Ben about the numerous comments made to me
in regards to
the rather large group of girls chanting Aidan's name while he ran in the race on field day,
there was silence & then a solemn reply...
"You know, Kari, kids are doing things at a younger & younger age these days. I'm just sayin', they're developing much quicker than when we were kids"


...okay, old-timer! Geez! I guess I'll just put back on my rose-colored glasses for a bit longer & pretend that my 8 YEAR OLD is still pretty innocent...now Dyl...we might have to watch out for that one;) Just kidding, I imagine he'd punch a girl before he did anything else...



Aidan & his good pal, Gavin

0 comments: