So I always want to do something special for the boys' birthdays, but this year we were in the midst of our move (okay, we were moved, but had box galore everywhere). Instead, we just seem to drag this particular birthday out for over a week.
Grandma Sherrie always makes a trip out from California to take the boys to lunch & a movie for their birthday. Dylan was so excited & couldn't stop telling everyone about his day with grandma. They went & saw "Kungfu Panda" & then she took him shopping for his present...a HUGE box of Legos!!! Um...okay, let's be honest, pretty much every gift Dyl got this year was some sort of Legos, but he loved every single present. So a special thanks to everyone that got the perfect gift for Dylan this year:)
Grandma Sherrie always makes a trip out from California to take the boys to lunch & a movie for their birthday. Dylan was so excited & couldn't stop telling everyone about his day with grandma. They went & saw "Kungfu Panda" & then she took him shopping for his present...a HUGE box of Legos!!! Um...okay, let's be honest, pretty much every gift Dyl got this year was some sort of Legos, but he loved every single present. So a special thanks to everyone that got the perfect gift for Dylan this year:)
Also, he is really into "Indiana Jones", so of course his big present was the NEW LEGOS Indiana Jones game for XBox 360. I also made sure I got him a hat that he consistently point out to me everytime we went to Blockbuster:) Of course, let's not forget the IJ books. We argued for quite awhile in the book store over some IJ books (that I had already purchased) that he kept insisting that I could not leave the store without...MOM! I just want them sooooooo much! PLEASEEEEEE!!!!! Needless to say he was so happy to see them when he opened his gifts.
On his actual birthday, we had a pretty low-key night. He got to pick WHEREEVER he wanted to go...Carl's Jr! I think mainly he just wanted to play in the play land, which is completely fine 'cause it's his birthday. We headed over there with the Charlton girls & boy (sorry, I almost lumped the Brockster in with his sisters). We had a good ol' time. Then we headed back to have cupcakes (well, at least lick the frosting & smash some on our faces), build Legos, & play night games with pretty much every kid in the neighborhood.
Dyl was also pretty darn lucky to have a super fun pool party that his Stepmom threw for him. He scored a new bike, a hockey game, & lots of other cool gifts from his cousins.
All in all, he had a pretty cool birthday...or rather week:)




0 comments:
Post a Comment