I love to go out on one-on-one Date Nights with my boys. They are able to pick where we go & better yet, they get my undivided attention.
This night was for Aidan.
Desired activity: a U of U football game.
At first he wanted to go to Applebees for dinner, but he opted to just eat at the game...okay, buddy, you call the shots!

Utah was playing Weber State that night, so the stadium was pretty packed since Ron McBride was coming back (he coached the Utes from 1990-2002).
Aidan was in awe of all the people in RED...okay he was in awe & then grew a little frightened. Heck! I was a little worried! There were sooo many people! Needless to say, we made it to our seats & enjoyed all the fun things that go along with college football...the FANS!!! :)
This particularly zealous Ute lover was sitting smack dab in front of us...I am standing on the bleacher & he wasn't! Aidan thought it was pretty funny that his ENTIRE head was painted, not just his face. ha ha...
We'll just say he made a better door than a window. :)
Other than the fact that this gentleman was standing up & clearly irritated a lot during the game (Even though UT was winning by A LOT, they were making some crappy plays the second half. SO, do you really think some chick talking to her kid the whole time & taking pictures helped his mood? um...he posed didn't he?) , we were actaully sitting with some really nice people that were very friendly & talked with Aidan quite a bit. At one point, they laughed at our unfortunate seating situation & offered to switch seats with us so that we could SEE the game. It was all good in the hood. I think Aidan just liked all the extra attention...not to mention no crazy little brother causing a scene.
Since the game was underway again, we decided the crowds had dispersed enough by the food & the shops that we would go take another chance at getting some much needed concession food & the ever coveted red foam finger (UTES ARE #1!!!). Sadly, as we went from stand to stand we heard again & again, "Sorry, we're all sold out." We are talking sold out of pretty much EVERYTHING! Apparently there was almost 50,000 people at the game & the vendors weren't anticipating anywhere near that amount. Sadly, Aidan settled on a plain pretzel which was apparently not cooked all the way.
I guess I should say, I was the one that was sad for Aidan, but he seemed alright with it.

We then headed to the shops to get that finger! Okay, seriously! What the heck!?! We get there & sure enough...they are SOLD OUT!!! I talked to an employee & he said it was insane that night...PLUS they started the night with ONLY 5 foam fingers! Um, again...don't you think that some better planning & preparation would have gone into ordering inventory for the game? Hmmm....oh well, Aidan opted for cool wate bottle & a warm sweatshirt. Next time, buddy. I promise!
![]() | ![]() |
Also, never wanting to forget his little brother, he made sure we got Dylan some cotton candy...at least that wasn't sold out! Aidan, you are such an awesome big brother!
Despite all the lemons of the night, Aidan did a greeeaaat job making lemonade & had said it was the best night ever!
Thanks, Aid. I had a great time too! I love you! :)






1 comments:
Kari, you must be the best mom ever, I tell ya :)
Post a Comment