Thursday, August 7, 2008

Vandalism or Good "Clean" Fun?

Upon arriving at the pool today, we were met with this terrible sign:


Typically, the kids look forward to the last day of swim lessons since it means they get to go off the diving boards & down the water slides...but not today. I saw this sign & thought, "oh no, what terrible, horrible, atrocity did some dirty, rotten fiend do to our beloved waterslides". I'm envisioning profanity graffitied all over. Or tons of stinky garbage piled down the slides & in the pool. Or maybe the scoundrels went one step further and somehow broke the slide or took it apart. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision the ACTUAL heinousness of the crime...


BUBBLES!!! For the love of everything good in this world, WHY!?! OH, WHY!!!!????!!!!!

I even captured the valiant efforts of the staff trying to make the world right again...




We'll check back in with them later to see how that drama unfolds.



Now on to the silver lining of this tragic tale...DYLAN'S LAST DAY OF SWIM LESSONS!!!

So as you all know, this kid is something else. First, I can't pay him enough to go to lessons. And just like anything else, now it's a battle to get him out of the pool. I will say this new found love has a LOT to do with his amazing teacher: Chad.


Dylan LOVES Chad & thinks he is the funniest guy in the world. I will have to say he is pretty creative. Yesterday, Dylan was a bit nervous about going to lessons since Chad said that he was going to be gone for the day. Dyl put on a brave face & went anyway. To our surprise, it was Chad EXCEPT he was wearing some crazy wig, glasses, & a tie (IN THE POOL!) & talking with a funny voice. Dylan was laughing his little head off.


Today, as an alternative to water sliding, the teachers combined the classes & the kids played games in the pool. Chad quickly picked Dyl to be on his team as Sharks & they had fun picking off the Minnows. They were quite a pair & had everyone laughing.

The kids also got to go off the diving boards still & so that brought a whole new batch of entertainment. Dylan was very timid & insistant that Chad be right by the board when he jumped off; however, there was no need to worry since Dyl did a SUPER job all by himself. He quickly gained his confidence & was soon running...um...no, I mean walking briskly (hello! everyone knows you don't run by the pool. You might slip & fall. And plus, the life guards will blow their whistles at you & embarass you &...ah heck...you know what happens) to get in line again & again & again!


Once again, Chad had all the kids laughing with his antics as he started a "Biggest Splash" & "Craziest Dive" contests. Amazingly enough, Dyl was apart of both & Chad made Dyl feel good by saying he was pretty sure Dyl's splash was MUCH bigger than his own. Thanks, Chad! :)




Big bro, Aidan, was there to support & cheer Dylan on. I felt so bad for him. He kept saying, "Man! I wish I could get in the pool. I want to SWIM!!!" He was dying to show the kids his front flips off the board.






A funny sideote: Chad is actually in our ward. His sister was Aidan's swim coach. His dad is in our bishopric. When lessons were over & Dylan received his graduation certificate, he turned to me with a sad face & said, "I'm never gonna get to see Chad again." I let him know that he would since Chad lived near us. "But it's not the same, MOM! I'm never gonna get to swim with him again!" Well, that's true, but you'll get to see him every Sunday at church. Dylan stopped walking & looked at me, "MOM! I don't even know where he sits! Besides, swim lessons are waaaaay funner than church! Geez!"...and with that he stomped off to the car. I can't win.

Oh yes...I know you are dying to know what happened with those poor staff members working so feverishly...

I know...they look miserable. Somebody needs to get them a pay raise...

All in all, it was a great way to finish out swim lessons for the summer.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love to hear all your fun stories, miss you! Let me know how you are doing and what you are upto.

Prudy said...

Oh, those crazy young whipper snapper teenagers. The cruelty, the insanity, the thoughtlessness, the damage, and the illegality of those bubbles. Someone needs to teach the kids these days a lesson. As for me, I'd rather jump in the bubbles.