Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dylan's face


Some of you may have noticed that earlier this summer Dylan was sporting some discoloration on his nose & under his lip. If not, well look again people! It's there! Anyway, in an attempt to catch up a bit on some things that we have done this summer I thought I'd start with this little incident. So here we go...

The boys are definitely enjoying being able to play with all the "big kids" now. The only problem is these same kids have a lot more experience at all the rough & tumble stuff. I do believe the first week we moved in the boys ran down & asked if they could ride a motorcycle. Now we're not talking ride ON a motorcycle being operated by a supervising adult. We are talking ride BY THEMSELVES on a dirt bike on the rocky hills next us...um...yeah...I don't think so. The best part was the look of disbelief on their faces that their supposedly "Cool" mom just said no to something as harmless as riding a simple little bike that happened to have a motor attached to it...geez, MOM! Ugh!


Anyway, moving along, the boys decided to go ride their bikes with the "big kids". Both my boys are pretty good on their bikes, but we'll just say they don't have a lot of rough-terrain, down hill, mountain biking experience...which brings us back to Dylan's face. This little kid is so fearless sometimes it is scary. First time up, he went all out. The craziest part was after he flipped his bike & bit the dust was that the aforementioned "big kids" were saying things like "he was freakin' nuts! We never go down that way! It's waaaay too steep"...yeah, that would have been nice to know before you took him up.
Needless to say, when the tears were done & the blood was washed away from his nose & mouth he was left with some pretty good scrapes & bruises. As you can tell, his nose & lip swelled up pretty quickly & his poor gums turned black & blue from his teeth getting jammed up...all of this 2 days before family pictures (side note: we have not had pics taken as a family since Dylan was about 2 mos old)...nice...I'll chalk it up to moments we'll look back at & laugh upon some day.:)



Initially, I kept thinking that Dylan looked like Charlie Chaplain. I pulled up some pics for him so he would have an idea of who I was talking about. Hmmm....



BUT upon further examination, I realized he looked a little more like this guy...'cept the guy in the picture seems to have a happier disposition & probably doesn't give his mother as much grief....



WHAT!?! I'm joking!!! Geez! :)

2 comments:

Trecia said...

You are too much!! What a kid...you better go get that book soon before it is ruined for you!

Prudy said...

Hail Dillon!