So my boys are always entertaining me with things they do & say. Here are some of the most recent...
** Dyl & I have been watching the tv show "Lost" (yes, it is EXTREMELY age-appropriate...um...okay....maybe not so much...). Anyway, my youngest & I have been spending quality time together (how's that for a positive- spin) & we like to talk about the different characters. One day he tells me how weird it was that one of the guys saw his dead father walking in the jungle. "It's probably cuz he was drinking beer , Mom"...you think?..."Yeah. Cuz when you drink beer you can see REALLY good."...hmmm, really?..."Oh yeah, cuz whenever Dad drinks beer his eyes work REEEEAAAALLLY good. Like seriously, Mom, he sees soooo good."....interesting, I did not know that:)
** Aidan says funny things, but a lot of times it's more what he does that makes me smile. So, the boys are well into their baseball season. Aidan is playing machine pitch. He is doing very well & loving this past time more & more with each game. I also love that he has become aware of the little chant...Hey batter, batter, batter...SWWWWWIIIINNNGGG!!! The funniest part is he doesn't say it 'til the coach drops the ball in the machine. He watches very closely & waits for the exact moment it's released & than he scrambles to spit out the whole thing before the ball makes it to the plate. The best part is he does it every single time & he is the ONLY one of the field doing it:) I had to laugh 'cause at one point the coach looked over at him & couldn't contain a smile as Aidan sat with his smile waiting for him to drop the ball. I'm sooo excited to watch my boys growing up playing this game.
** Finally, this one made this little momma very proud. The other morning I was taking the kids to swim, there was a mom & a little girl about 2 yrs old standing by the gate. When I pulled up to the curb Dyl announced, "Hey! There's the little girl Aidan saved from drowning!"...What?... Oh yeah! Yesterday, at the pool (and if you have ever been to the PG pool in the day you know just how chaotic it is) that little girl fell in the deep-end & Aidan jumped in & saved her."...What!?!..."Oh yeah, Mom. It's not the first time either. He also saved Hailey (a girl from daycare) too. He's like a Hero, Mom."...Really, Aidan?...my shy son just looked at me with a little smile, shrugged his shoulders, gave me this look of "just all in a days work for a hero, Mom"...and then walked off to swim practice. Dyl just watched him & then repeated..."yep, he's a hero, Mom." I'm still smiling:)
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Recent things that made me smile....
Posted by
klkw
at
12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Tooooo Cute! I am coming up soon hope to see you1
Kari-
You make me laugh soooo hard or should I say your boys do?! They are so funny and they way you tell the stories are hilarious!! You have taught them well and sounds like Dad is helping them learn how to perfect their "superhero vision"...hehehe. Write more. Love It!
Post a Comment