Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life goes on...

Long time, no blog! I have been without my computer/internet since our move, which has proven to make updating my blog near impossible (obviously not completely impossible because here I am). We are slowly settling in (I mean SLOOOOOWLY...too many boxes makes one crazy, by the way). Anyway, the boys are loving having so many kids to play with & I deeply appreciate how welcoming everyone has been.

Dyl just had his 6th birthday. I can not believe my baby is 6!!! He is living in LEGO dreamland right now since pretty much every present he received was a set of LEGOS...trust me, there is not a more perfect gift for him right now. Honestly, he never ceases to amaze me at how he is able to not only build these intricate toys, but also the extreme amount of patience that it requires. He likes me to sit with him while he does it, but I can tell it takes everything in him to not pull the toys away from me as he watches me struggle like a giant oaf to keep from breaking the whole thing while popping one tiny piece into place...okay, so I am not really that clumsy, but I love to see the boys faces when they think that they are much better than me at something. :)

Aidan is preparing to run the Strawberry Days 5k with me this yr. He keeps vacilating every time he thinks about the length of the race..."IT'S LIKE 3 MILES, MOM!!!"...yeah, not like, honey child, it is & more:) I keep letting him know that I know he can do it. I told him we don't need to run the whole time & that I will stay with him the whole way. I can see in his eyes that he wants to do it, but he's scared. Rightfully so, I didn't run my 1st 5k 'til I was 30. So if he decides to not do it, no big whoop. I'll keep you all posted.

Alright, other than that, Aidan's gearing up for his first Swim meet. We are trying to plan a trip to California, & we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new baby brother (Ben & Donnie are due any day now). Honestly, I've never seen the boys more excited. It makes me very happy for them.

I know I have more things to post about, but my time is limited. I just wanted to check in & let everyone know we were still truckin'.

I will post pics later.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am coming up in July you better have a little time for me my friend!

Amberly said...

Thank you so much for coming to the party!!! I wish I could have had a chance to talk to ya.
So, you'll have to tell me how pictures go today!!!