Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kids say the darnedest things...especially mine...

Today was such a beautiful day that the kids & I wanted to get out & enjoy the weather. We decided to go play tennis. First we hit the park, but all the courts were full. I decided to try PGHS 'cause I figured they might have some courts. Dylan kept saying, "Now WHY are we going to the high school, Mom?"...we're going there to play tennis, Dyl..."Yeah, I know. BUT why are we going to the high school?"...well, I was on the tennis team in high school, so I guess I just figured the high school here would have some courts..."You were on the team? Oh yeah! That's why you're an afroneshional! No...a poetessional...pissenional..."...Do you mean a "professional"?..."Oh yeah! A professional! That's what you are, Mom!"

Literally, those were the words he used, I thought it was so funny I wrote them down before we got out of the car. By the way, I have no idea why he would say that. I think that we have been to play tennis all of 3 times in his life. For the record, my tennis skills are about as proficient as my blogging abilities...I can do it, but its definitely not something I'd brag about:)


Another funny thing said that still brings a smile to my face...























A friend of mine gave me a hilarious book called "God's Gifts: Over 100 Studs, Stallions, and Dreamboats from the 70s and 80s". On the back is a picture of David Hasselhoff from his "Knight Rider" days. I so wish I could find the exact pick online. Anyway, Aidan took one look at it & said, "Hey! That looks just like Uncle Luke...'cept with a lot of hair." :)

Hey Luke, don't feel bad. Apparently, DH is extremely popular in Japan:)






















Also, it could be worse. Your childhood could have been filled with people constantly mistaking you for this awesome celebrity...



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Man I'm loving your blog! Thanks for the update! I miss you. And I'm gonna guess MELISSA gave you that awesomely SWEET book!! ha ha!

Megen said...

I knew that you reminded me of someone. No wonder I wanted to be your friend from the first moment. Go Punky!

Andrea Wiseman said...

I seriously was like, "why is she posting 2 pics of Punky?"