Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowmobiling in Yellowstone


As one of the boys Christmas presents, I planned a getaway weekend with my friend Lori & her family to go snowmobiling in Yellowstone. Despite the fact that I got the stomach flu & was sicker than a dog pretty much from the time we arrived, we found a way to still have fun.


The boys had never gone snowmobiling & were very excited for the new adventure. We seemed to plan our trip right when Yellowstone had the biggest snow storm in years...were talkin A LOT of snow people!

Anyway, we rented the sled for a day, but ended up only riding for a little over an hour. We had lots of fun 'til we hit a pretty big bump & Aidan flew off the back. Don't worry, he's pretty darn tough & shook it off. Needless to say, the cold did both of them in pretty fast & we ended up going back to the hotel to swim in the indoor pool.

I think the fact that there was a 100 ft water slide that led to a heated pool saved the whole trip....

well that & playing PSP's non-stop while mom was puking for a goodly portion of the trip....nice...



Also, the boys discovered the joys (and sorrows) of lottery tickets! The lovely state of Idaho offers these fun & entertaining little scratchers that allows you to win MONEY!!! The boys loved 'em:) The drive was pretty long, so I decided every time we stopped they could get a ticket....we had a good time. I think Aidan ended up winning about $10 & Dyl won $4...I do believe I spent quite a bit more than that, but we had fun making memories all the same:)

0 comments: