Friday, March 26, 2010

All is well, all is well

A friend of mine shared this with me today & I absolutely loved it.

I'm always hesitant to share things in regards to my faith for several reasons. First, I chose a religion different than the one that I grew up with...so I currently don't share the same religion of my family or friends. My thoughts have always been that I respect their choices to believe what they do, so I sincerely hope that they will respect mine. I'm very curious and love to learn about other religions; but please know that my interest is one to gain knowledge and a better understanding without judgement, it is not to find a new religion. While I have struggled with adhering to all the rules of my new found religion, I do believe it. I love it.

Another reason that I tend to hesitate in sharing, sadly, is because there is so much political backlash that seems to follow. Far too often, I feel like people look past the intent of what is being shared because they can't seem to let go of personal or political agendas. I've said it before, but I will say it again, I love our country for the freedoms we all share to believe what we want. While I may not agree, I do respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, please remember that a stereotype is exactly that....a stereotype. Not every LDS person believes, votes, acts exactly the same. And just like every other being, we are human and imperfect. I hate that I feel like I have to preface any postings to MY PERSONAL blog, but I know that I do have friends and family who aren't LDS & I don't want to offend anyone or make them feel like I am shoving my religion down upon them. There is no hidden agenda. I'm not trying to convert anyone. And to those of you who ARE LDS, feel free to judge me for giving the impression that I'm embarassed f my faith...which I'm not, but like I said I can't seem to win either way.

That all being said, here is a clip from Glenn Beck in regards to LDS pioneers. In light of how I have felt as of late, I thought this was a beautiful reminder of having hope as we endure our trials....which regardless of your religion, gender, nationality, sexual preference....is something all of us can gain comfort from.

Most likely you will need to scroll to the bottom of the page & pause the music player so you can hear the words of Mr. Beck.