Sunday, November 30, 2008

NOVEMBER

November seemed to come & go this year. I swear the older I get the quicker time passes.
Here are some of the highlights...

-- Sunday traditions: The boys love when I tell them about how when I was growing up, our "Family Day" was on Sunday. It was the best! We would go to the movies or to restaurants on that day. So to hold true to tradition (this is the part the boys like), every now & then I take the boys out after church. They love that we are going, I love that in Utah there aren't any crowds:)

-- Reflections: This is a competition that is held at the school. Aidan had made mention of maybe wanting to do something this year, but then changed his mind. The final day to submit entries came & I got a call from the school to let me know that DYLAN had turned in a poem & his form was missing his parent's signature. WHAT!?! I had no idea. I called Ben & asked if he knew anything about it. He let me know that Dylan had written the poem with his step mom the night before. Wow! Okay, pretty cool. I was feeling really proud of them. Then Ben started laughing & said that Dylan was suppose to RE-write it due to some **ahem** spelling errors. I let him know it was already turned in & the school just needed his signature. I thought this was the end of this UNTIL I got a call to let me know that Dylan had won an award & he needed to come to the ceremony where his work would be on display & he would receive a medal. DOUBLE WOW!!! Good job, Dylan.

Now Ben thought this was REALLY funny & while still chuckling he decided to let me in on the good time...apparently the spelling error that he was concerned about wasn't so much of an error, but rather an alternate spelling...for the word "come".

Yes, folks, Dylan's award winning poem was proudly on display at Grovecrest Elementary. I can only imagine the judges got a kick out of that one...nice...:)

-- Utah vs BYU: **Ahem** You all know the outcome...GO UTES!:)

-- Thanksgiving: The boys got to spend the holiday with the Wiseman family. They had sooo much fun playing with their brother, cousins-- Gabrielle & Cal, and aunts & uncles. We are so grateful for such a wonderful & loving family.

0 comments: