Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!





We love to do things last minute...what!?! A lot of people like to wake up early on Halloween to decorate pumpkins before school! Okay, okay...maybe "a lot" is a bit of a stretch, but we had fun anyway....



Typically, Halloween is a blur since we always seem to have a million & one events going on. This year was the first time in a long time that I actually worked on Halloween. However, I still managed to get everyone at work involved, planned a luncheon, made chili, & even made a pumpkin chocolate torte....and still managed to pull off my annual Trunk-or-Treat (6th annual). This year the boys & I decided to go with a Star Wars theme. I tried so hard to convince the boys that I would be a great Yoda or Chewbaca, but they wouldn't hear of it. The said, "Mom, duh...you're a girl! Hello! You have to Princess Lea!" After many unsuccessful attempts to convince them otherwise, I gave into them & donned the trademark buns. Dylan & Aidan were Darth Vader & a Storm Trooper, respectively. I even went so far as to decorate my car like a space ship. I must say it turned out pretty impressive with the smoke machine giving off blasts & the soundtrack I burned blaring in the back...go ahead & say it, I know...overkill. I can't help it, it's the way the good Lord made me:)


Lucky for us, Aunt Amy came & joined us later for Trick-or-Treating. It was so fun to watch Dylan really get into the holiday spirit this year. In the past, he has always been content to hang out & pass out the candy instead of freezing his bootie off going door-to-door. This year, he was running like a mad man ahead of the pack. The boys amazed me at how long they lasted. Trick-or-treating in our neighborhood is a bit of a workout...lots of hills. Regardless, we went 'til Dylan started insisting that I carry him on my back. I know it is not everyday you see Princess Lea carrying Darth Vader on her back, but I had to call it good. We can't wait for next year!

0 comments: